Today we are supposed to find out whether my Sunshine Girl will be transported to the kidney transplant center in Philadelphia from our current hospital in NYC or if I will take her on an outpatient basis for kidney transplant evaluation.
Based on her current kidney function levels, on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being the most severe), my daughter rates approximately 4.7 (about 18 GFR). So basically, there is no turning back–no cure other than kidney transplantation.
I accept this. I’ve been mentally preparing myself for this over the last year when we were first made aware of her progressing kidney failure. I wish the same could be said for Mr. Diva. He’s having a real hard time with this.
So with all this, the question of whether or not to launch my boys’ clothing line needs to be answered. Do I put everything on hold until her health is restored or do I continue with business as usual?
Now I’m sure most of you my feel I need to focus on my daughter’s health. And yes, I agree. However, I also need to have something to keep my mind busy when it is too painful to think of the reality of our situation. I’ll need something to fill my days. Sitting in a hospital room with beeping machines can drive you crazy. Having a reason to keep going, no matter how slowly, might prove to be a good thing.
I’m on my way to Manhattan to meet with a label manufacturer. I need to select the leather and woven labels for my line. If I have enough time, I also plan to visit an embroiderer to see if it’s feasible to add embroidery to the garments. It’s raining, so I canceled my appointment in the city (and we know how I don’t like to drive in the rain or snow). I could always go another day.
I’ll do my best to update everyone as soon as I know more about our plan. As always, my sincere thanks for all your support and good wishes. It means the world to me.