First up…a simple peasant top using discontinued Amy Butler fabric to match an Apple Green with Brown Ruffle Pettiskirt.
I had planned to encase regular elastic in both the neckline and sleeves…however, I found this cute brown ruffled elastic in my stash and thought why not…I figured it was better to be safe and first test it out on a sample piece of fabric. So I stitched the ruffled elastic right sides together with the fabric using a zig zag stitch (I’m thinking that I should instead use a straight stitch…thoughts from the Peanut Gallery?). I then flipped the elastic to the wrong side of the fabric and stitched (once again using a zig zag stitch) on the right side of the fabric. And quiet, I know I used a dark thread on the right side of the fabric…that was just the sample, I promise.
I think I paid a mere 30 cents a yard for this yummy elastic trim…definitely a score! Now wish me luck as I actually add it to the shirt…LOL I’ll post pics when it’s done.
Next up…I need to get something special made for a new baby in our family. Baby Shower is on September 30th, so I don’t have much time. I picked out this delicious blue/gold shot silk dupioni and paired it with a brown cotton gauze fabric…and of course, the brown frayed rose trim will be somehow added. I’m thinking perhaps a cute little jacket and pants in the blue silk and then a little shirt in the brown gauze….guess I had better get crackin…time is running out!