Be sure to check out the complete month’s list of CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY GIFT TUTORIALS HERE
- Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give? Ok, don’t laugh…my favorite gift to give is a P-TOUCH LABEL MAKER. As one who is obsessed with organizing, I want everyone to join me in my madness. I give them to grandparents, teachers and coaches. It’s always a hit!
- If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making? ummm… I only have to make 40 pairs of pajama lounge pants for the children in my family. Guess I had better get started.
- Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received? nope.
- Do you have any great gift compilation ideas (a grouping of gifts just perfect for certain recipients?) How about:
For the New Seamstress – Sewing Box or Basket filled with Scissors, Seam Ripper, Thread, Fabric Fat Quarters, Pincushion, Needles, Threads Magazine, and a Needle Case.
For Mom – Basket filled with an Antique Tea Pot, Tea Cozy, Handmade Napkins, silver Teaspoons, Antique Tea Cups and an assortment of English Teas.
For the Teen – Basket filled with a subscription to Teen Magazine, Lounge Pants with matching Tank Top, Diary and a Marabou-topped Pen.
For the New Baby – Basket filled with a Handmade Blanket, Pillow, Onesie, Rattle, Diaper Covers, Burp Cloths and Bibs. All items can be embroidered with the baby’s name or monogram.
For the Teacher – Basket filled with personalized Stationery, fancy fountain pens, Address Book and Journal.
For the Dancer – Monogrammed Dance Bag filled with a Handmade Tutu, Journal, Hair Clips, Hair Bows and Knitted Leg Warmers.
For the Co-Worker – Large Fabric Box filled with a handmade Ceramic Planter, Paper White flower bulbs, Personalized Stationery and nice writing Pens.
For Grandparents – Digital Picture Frame, Handmade Photo Frame with picture of grandchildren’s Artwork, and a personalized set of Coffee Mugs.
- Name one thing on your personal wish list: HP Color LaserJet printer
- Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts? I have a boys’ clothing line…Downtown Joey. I sell on both EBay and Etsy.
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition? The week before Christmas, my family and I go into the city (NYC) just 20 minutes from our home in Staten Island. First we stop at our favorite restaurant, The Palm, on the East Side. Then we head over to see the tree at Rockefeller Center along with all the store holiday displays on 5th Avenue. It’s so beautiful!
- Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up? As Mr. Diva is Italian, we now enjoy a traditional Italian Christmas Eve Seafood dinner–lobster, clams, crab, calamari and mussels along with lots of pasta. Growing up in an Irish household, we pretty much enjoyed steak and potatoes…LOL!
- What do you love most about the holiday season? Decorating.
- What do you like least about the holiday season? Putting away the decorations…LOL. That and bratty children who never seem to get enough no matter how much you buy them.
- Anyone close to your heart that you’ll be missing this year? Yes, my surrogate father, Mr. Z…actually, he was my childhood friend’s Dad who looked over me for many years. We shared the same birthday.
- What is your favorite holiday food? Broiled Lobster stuffed with Crabmeat and Filet Mignon with Caramelized Onions.
- Do you have a great recipe to share? No…but I can give you the number to some great restaurants here in NYC…LOL!
Wishing all the girls over at Sew Mama Sew and fellow crafty bloggers a wonderful holiday!